WordPress "plugins" instantly add features to a website, inlcuding slideshows, shopping carts, booking systems, and calculators. Plugins also provide administrative tools such as calendars, contact databases, and analytics.
Open-source CMS platforms, including WordPress, require regular updates to help prevent hacking; to keep up with ever-changing web standards; to receive theme changes; and to ensure plugin compatibility with core files.
Managing a WordPress website requires regular backups of its database, especially before version, theme, or plugins updates. In case a website breaks, the developer can reinstall the latest working version.
- browser testing
- WordPress version updates
- WordPress theme updates
- WordPress plugin updates and installations
- how to publish a page or blog post
- how to collaborate on an internet marketing campaign
- how to research long-tail keywords for content topics
- how to layout content to improve the user experience
- how to optimize a page or post for search engines, including keyword placement in URLs, meta data, titles, headings, text, and images
- how to resize and optimize images
Content Management Systems